The Netherlands-Asia Honours Summer School (NAHSS)® values the protection of your personal data
This entails that we:
- Process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which you provided it;
- Only request personal data that is limited to the information necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- Seek your explicit consent when processing your personal data;
- Have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- Do not disclose personal data to third parties unless necessary for the execution of the purposes for which you provided them;
- Are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, respect them, and proactively inform you of them.
Your personal data is processed by the Netherlands-Asia Honours Summer School (NAHSS)® for the following purposes:
- To set up consultancy projects and allocate participants
- To organize inhouse days
- To respond to (contact) requests via the website
- To send newsletters
- To secure our website
- To collect for our alumni database
- To collect feedback
For the above-mentioned purposes, we may request the following personal data:
- First name
- Last name
- Street name, house number, and any additional details
- Postal code
- Phone number
- Email address
Disclosure to third parties
We will only provide the data you provide to third parties if it is necessary for the execution of the purposes described above. For example, we use a third party for:
- Providing the internet/network environment
- Managing our (financial) administration
- Handling mailings
- Maintaining and managing our website
We never disclose personal data to other parties with whom we have not entered into a data processing agreement. We naturally make the necessary agreements with these parties (processors) to ensure the security of your personal data.
Furthermore, we will not disclose the data you provide to other parties unless it is legally required and permitted. An example of this is if the police request (personal) data from us as part of an investigation. In such a case, we must cooperate and are therefore obliged to provide this data. We may also share personal data with third parties if you provide us with written consent for this.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from unlawful processing. For example, we have taken the following measures:
- All employees of the Netherlands-Asia Honours Summer School (NAHSS)® who have access to your personal data are bound by confidentiality.
- We apply a username and regularly changing password policy on all our systems.
- We create backups of personal data to restore them in the event of physical or technical incidents.
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures, enhancing them when necessary.
- Our employees are informed about the importance of protecting personal data.
Rights regarding your data
You have the right to access, rectify, or delete the personal data we have received from you. Additionally, you can object to the processing of your personal data (or a part thereof) by us or by one of our processors. You also have the right to have the data you provided to us transferred to yourself or, on your behalf, directly to another party. We may ask you to authenticate yourself before complying with the aforementioned requests.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact the University of Utrecht directly. If, unfortunately, you do not receive a satisfactory response to your complaint from us, you always have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority ( Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens). This is the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.
We are responsible for the processing of your personal data
Netherlands-Asia Honours Summer School (NAHSS)®
Kromme Nieuwegracht 80, 3512 HM Utrecht, Netherlands